Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Login through Steam  

Good software?

OBS is by far the best free software. Im pretty sure you can edit on it as well but idk how easy/hard or good/bad it is.

Editing software that is noobfriendly would be sony vegas. I have been using it for years now Smile

(09-14-2018, 02:23 PM)DMG / Qzzrbl Wrote: What programs do you folks recommend for recording playtime gameplay?

use Plays.tv iv used it for Rust, CSGO, GMOD, etc. It runs in the background and records your whole gameplay. Doesnt take up much resources either. Has a built in video editor too, so u can clip parts and upload it directly to Youtube or just to the playstv sight. 

Heres a link to my playstv if u wanna see how the videos turn out: https://plays.tv/u/Bunziix

Plays.TV and OBS cause more issues than they are worth

Sony Vegas is just an editor, it doesn't record gameplay.

No one wants to pay for stuff.

Just get fraps. its easy to use and customizable, and old enough that its easy to bootleg without worrying about viruses and stuff if you are a nub.

I use nvidia shadowplay and its useful for most situations
Downsides are that you might record too late to capture something and the files are kinda big at around 2gb if you record at 60fps 1080p

OBS uses the least storage and doesn’t kill quality, it’s what I’ve used for years.

Or if you have an NVIDIA card just use shadowplay..it doesn't effect my performance at all. For alternatives bandicam is okay, Fraps is better, and if you are planning on streaming obs is pretty good too i suppose.

I’ve used mostly everything mentioned and will try to give pros/cons for both 

Bandi:
Pros
free
Cons
Everything from bad quality to watermarks, I think u can pay for it but it’s some of the worst software I’ve ever used

fraps
Pros
Quality,performance
Cons
Absolutely trash compression, leads to huge video files
Have to pay for it or crack it

Obs
Pros
Very customizable
Great performance
can stream/record or both
Best compression out of all
free
Cons
so many options if you don’t watch several tutorials or know what’s you’re doing you’re going to have a hard time setting it up

Shadowplay
I didn’t use this one a ton as I had obs working before I got my nvidia card
Pros
Performance
Easy to configure
Can stream or record (not sure if at same time)
Cons
compression is as bad or worse than fraps

Playstv
Never used it but bunzi reccomended it he’s the biggest minge out there so he definitely knows his stuff

Overall I’d recommend trying obs/shadowplay/playstv
the rest aren’t worth the time
cracking sony Vegas isn’t a bad idea either