Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Login through Steam  

TitsRP Revamp by Blacnova

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 07:58 PM by Blacnova.)

[Before replying to anything, please read all posts on the thread as I may have revised my stance on something since writing the original thread]

Hey, I'm Blacnova, an ex-admin on the server and I've come here today to give you my thoughts on how to revive TitsRP. Some of these thoughts may seem controversial, so feel free to discuss below and I'll give you my feedback on it. Please keep in mind that all the ideas I say below are from my four years of experience on the server, and I'm pretty much just quoting what the server was like a year and a half ago (when it was basically perfect). Once again, please keep in mind that these are just my opinions based on experience, no need to get angry and say "You don't know what you're talking about" or "You're inactive so your opinions are invalid", because, while it is true that I probably won't be coming back to the server if these changes are added, I still have a connection to the server and would like to see it prosper.

So TitsRP has had a long history of almost five years of being in business. This server has gone through many changes, especially including map changes like Downtown v2, Evilmelon, Evocity, and now the custom Tits maps.
I'd like to suggest something completely optional: go back to Tits v1. In my opinion, the current Tits v2 map is way too vast, and offers nothing truly unique other than more room and a few secret spots. Now, I understand if the community prefers staying on v2, and this is pretty much the only suggestion that I view as completely optional, the rest are pretty much necessary if you want the server to go back to being like it was before.

Next up is a doc made by T1K, me, and Jawson at the beginning of January. We were going to release this thread but never found the chance, so I'll link the doc filled with a lot of good suggestions. I may repeat some of the things below, but I believe you should still read the doc as it explains many aspects of the problem: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G8EM...sp=sharing

Below is my explanation of why the server doesn't feel good to play on anymore:

What I'm about to say here is probably not the best thing to bring up as it's a hot button issue in the upper administration, and I was even agreeing with Sugar for a while. I wish I didn't have to make this the first thing I bring up, but many of my points below predicate on this topic: Rebuff custom classes. Custom classes have felt like nothing but avatars for a long while now, and that was not the original purpose. Custom classes were never really an issue, and I really believe that they should stop being treated so shitty. To do this, I suggest undoing the price quadrupling of cc stuff in order to bring everything back down to the scale of $15 for new cc stuff being added, $5 for stuff to be added to the class, and yes, I just said $. Bring back the donation shop, the server needs a developer and that is the way to fund him/her. Now, I understand if you guys don't want any money and don't want donations, but the server itself needs a way for players to give money for items, especially considering how shitty basing has become (will be spoken about next). A solution to this is to make the donation link automatically redirect to a charity, so the server will receive no money directly while users will still be able to donate for stuff. In addition, please undo the "no more non-gun cc items". Allow people to buy things like speed sweps (sparingly on a case-by-case basis), and grenades. These things are needed to make custom classes useful again. Of course, don't make damage values of guns greater than the normal weapon base damages, but non-guns are needed. Lastly in this section, undo the hard nerf done to movement sweps. The master sword and lightsaber were nerfed so hard to the point that they're basically useless to do anything other than jump around every once in a while, and don't even get me started on the movement speed sweps. The movement speed sweps are basically just sweps that zoom your screen out and make you think you're running faster at this point.

• Buff printers so that you can get at least $30,000 per hour at base level 
  • Rebuff the rate at which the civilian bank increases your deposit
  • Make insurance protect only your initial investment, one time before you have to buy it again
  • Make it easier to raid the civilian bank, as in go back to making the bank heist leader have the sole ability to extract money from the bank and there's something on his class that gives him the ability to do so
  • Make only CPs and Bank Guards/Bank Owner able to defend bank
  • Leave raiding and basing alone, if people want buffs then go ahead, but otherwise stop making it worse
Another hot topic: staff. Our current staff team is incredibly inactive and uncaring imo. They don't take sits, and they really don't care about anything other than obvious Mass RDM/Mass RDA, or of course when people say mean words   Angry Angry Angry . Staff need to start taking sits, and in my opinion the only way to do this is to provide incentive. If staff take sits, they need to gain more than $1k every 20 minutes, as this is a joke for most staff. I'm not sure what other incentives can be given that wouldn't be abused, but I'm sure with enough discussion we can figure it out. [OPTIONAL] Next, please get rid of Senior Mod, it was only even added in the first place because people were getting bored that they weren't getting admin. Instead replace it with Moderator Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. All of these would have different respective permissions and do different things, these different permissions could vary from having different ban times, up to literally having different roles in the community. Then have a few Head Moderators to deal with promotions and demotions as well as taking care of staff not taking sits [OPTIONAL]. To do this, the Head Mods would need the !allsits command to be added back, which is a necessity. I'm really not sure why it was removed (I do know why, but it was a bad reason). Another thing I want to bring up, but it doesn't warrant its own thread is that you guys need to stop being strict with the rules. Remember that this is a Garry's Mod server, you're not a literal government that needs to do things for specific reasons. Rules exist for the sole purpose of ensuring that the playerbase isn't alienated by one player or a group of players. So please stop acting as if someone doing a tiny thing wrong requires an automatic punishment, if it harms no one, "Let It go~~~".

Lastly, please stop caring so much about staff inactivity. You guys are going overboard with this, and it is ruining staff morale. Inactivity for demotions was originally added during the period of Zesh, and it was because he was getting old mods to come back and mass ban, so we added an autodemoter. You guys act as if being inactive for a month means that the staff has completely forgotten how the server works, and that there have been such an insane number of updates that they have no hope to actually catch up. In my opinion, the inactivity timer should either be removed and handled on a case-by-case individual basis, or changed to 6 weeks.

Well, that's pretty much all I have to say, I'll be replying to your posts below if you'd like me to. I'd also just like to take the time to thank T1K and Jawson for inspiring me to make this thread. Again, here's the doc that we worked on earlier this month and that restates some of the things I said here, and has some more stuff as well: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G8EM...sp=sharing

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 07:52 PM by supermarioben2.)

I personally agree with alot of stuff here, but not everything. Here are my thoughts on this document, what I agree with, what I disagree with and my own thoughts on how to improve. Frankly, we are not filling up anymore, and I agree with blacnova that the server could be in-trouble.

1.) While I did personally enjoy titsrp_v1, switching back to it now would cause ALOT of issues. Firstly, alot of the dupes people have in certain 'new' areas like the beach or industrial will become obsolete, and new players who are used to the new map will become confused. However, I also admit that the newer maps are WAY to big, and there have been times where the server had like 40 people on, but I could only find about 5. I believe if we do go back to titsrp_v1 it should be publicly voted

2.) When it comes to CC's I am a little iffy, in my opinion the old system was better, where you could do !ms and have a bunch of free models on the fly, that were unique to CCs. The CC market should obviously still be a thing. However, for me personally CC's became W A C C when players with alot of donation money would overflow their CC's with new stuff, I propose a possible limit on the amount of items on a CC, to 5 items or less. That way non-CC users like myself actually stand a chance against basers or raiders.

3.) Bring the donation store back, and instead of going to charity (you could send a small portion however), have the money go into a developer (since sugar resigned???) and into the server. One of the things that kept me interred into the server was the daily updates, and how an exploit or glitch that was found the day before would spontaneously disappear the next day.

4.) Add a way for ALL cc items to be found in-game, either it's from processors, loot-boxes, gun dealers, daily rewards, etc. This will remove the 'exclusionary' feeling from new players 

5.) Work on deflating the economy. If you haven't noticed, a huge problem is the inflated economy. DarkRP economies are guaranteed to rise since every new player adds about 20k to the economy and printers and chemical barrels basically create money out of thin air. Here are my thoughts to fix:
A.) Increase the price of base items, making them more expensive, this way their is more of a risk to buying something, and increases the money sink.
B.) Decrease the value of fish OR increase the price of fishing rods (I know this is controversial, but your basically trading in 500$ for tons and tons of money gained from selling fish)
C.) Increase the price to buy CC items with DarkRP money
D.) Increase the amount Sugar Dollars cost when being bought with DarkRP money
E.) Use Sugar Dollars as a secondary currency, similar to 'keys' in tf2 for example.

6.) Prioritize basing. Back when I started playing, basing was the bees knees, which drove up demand for both basing items and raiding gear. Back in the day, processors were really good, and people would spend alot of money into processors. People would then spend alot of money for raiding gear to try and steal others processors. Here are my suggestions to prioritize basing.
A.) Revert Processors to their old state, and add more weapons to the pool that can be sold for profit. 
B.) Remove the processors 'chemical' mechanic, and instead make it very noisy similar to printers
C.) Nerf sweps like C4 and Material Grenades, their radius is to big, and can easily decimate creative or compact designs 
D.) Change the ability to respawn your entities from 4 hours to 6 hours.
E.) Remove the water mechanic from growing crops
F.) Increase the payout from bitminers and growing drugs
G.) Remove the current 'meth' system. It's complex, and doesn't fit titsrp's 'semi-vanilla darkrp' ascetic, instead replace it with the vanilla DarkRP meth system, that way it can be easily customized and will fit right in with the other base features

7.) Encourage people to play as much as possible, the more people that are playing the server, the fuller it will be. Lot of DarkRP players filter servers by the "most full" category, and if our server isn't filling up, not only are we wasting money on slots but we are also making it less likely for it to fill up later.
A.) Encourage gameplay that makes users play the server more, (IE. Basing, Role-playing, Hanging out, Building, Grinding/Farming, Raiding and taking admin sits)
B.) Make the rules more friendly to new players and people who are new to gmod in general. (Prioritize warns and kicks rather than bans where appropriate)
C.) Add a system where you get rewarded if you refer someone to the server. (However, this system should have something in-place to prevent people from abusing it)
D.) Do what new servers do when starting out, start with 80 slots until we start filling up, then increase it slightly.  Idea Scrapped

8.) The staff of a DarkRP server is the backbone to a successful server, servers with bad staff generally gain a bad rep. (Remember Ice and no cancer rp?). The rules and staff on this server aren't as bad as it was 2-3 months ago, however the old system was my personal favorite. 
A.) Encourage players to apply for TMOD
B.) Make ranking up from Mod to Senior Mod, and Senior Mod to admin MUCH harder. It seems like you guys are just giving free ranks lately
C.) Prioritize warns, kicks and mutes instead of bans. Staff should try to prevent rule breakers and teach the rules, while enforcing harsh punishments only if necessary.
D.) If someone breaks a rule, gets banned for it and makes a Ban Appeal with the proper format, respectfully, and admitting they're wrong. Have a heart and possibly reduce the ban. 
E.) Tmods and Mods are generally really good at taking sits, however SM+ generally slack when it comes to taking sits
F.) Bring back the old !sits counter, so you can see how much sits you have and the sit leaderboard. Idea Scrapped

9.) Increase the prop limit back to ninety, if somebody tries to crash the server just ban them.

10.) Decrease the price of VIP from 5 mil to 3.5 mil, that way it's more accessible to new players 

Misc Suggestions:

* Bring back daily updates, if this isn't possible at the time, try to do a decent sized update at least once a week.
* Try to incorporate community suggestions and criticisms. 
* Clean up the offical discord, it's like the wild west with all the different hidden channels and ranks
* Buff the enchanting system so it's meaningful again
* Remove those custom kidnapping sweps, they're just annoying and are unnecessary. Anyone who bought a custom kidnap swep should be allowed to instead replace a different item of their choice, instead of being refunded or simply scammed.
* Encourage better T-Mod training and spectating
* Try to incorporate community feedback into moderator apps (since it's the community that'll be taking sits with them).
* Nerf the meta dominating weapons
* Increase the duration newbies have on the 'New Guy' job.
* Add much more things to buy with DarkRP money to get rid of inflation
* Players who are inactive for more than a year get their content removed, money reset and inventory wiped. If they come back, they can simply ask for their stuff back.
* Increase the frequency of events, and make it more rewarding to compete
* Add rewards for players with high reputation
* Add rewards for buying players VIP
* Buff weak weapons
* Increase the amount of loot from lootboxes and treasure chests
* Increase the amount of time you have before you can be kidnapped again, kidnapping is super annoying and people with OP kidnap bases make it frustrating for new players
* Decrease the amount of max time you can be kidnapped for, (no more than 2-5 minutes)
* Add more things to be purchased for CCs like paying to increase the max amount of slots, paying to increase amount of Armour on spawn
* POSSIBLY add a monthly tax to owning a CC that is worth more than 50k Darkrp money, if the player doesn't pay that monthly tax auction ownership off, and allow original owner to get some of the profit Idea Scrapped
* Max growing drugs more worth it
* Make the abomination, terrorists and pig more of a threat when attacking
* Increase the mayors grace time when becoming the mayor for the first time, after this, the grace time will be normal
* Increase payment staff get for taking sits
* Possible rewards for being active on forums, server and discord
* Increase the amount of doors you can own
* Make /roll local and not public
* Add a system to 'hide' custom models and replace them with random vanilla ones
* Try to reduce the amount of CCS textures needed
* Prioritize FPS again
* Remove useless jobs like Dat Boi (DO NOT TOUCH DOGE OR MASTER PET I WILL BITE YOU IF YOU REMOVE THOSE ONES)
* Make investing in the bank more worth it, and make it profitable for the bank manager to protect the peoples money
* Make raiding the bank profitable
* Add more VIP jobs

Some of super Mario’s suggestions are ok but I’ve noticed some on there are already in place. I don’t agree with some of them like removing useless jobs such as datboi, as somebody players prefer messing around without no particular goal in sight on useless jobs. Currently most shot guns and smgs are obsolete. Ars dominate the pvp. I don’t think prop limit should be changed. I do like some of the other suggestions tho.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 07:53 PM by Blacnova.)

(02-02-2019, 07:29 PM)supermarioben2 Wrote: see above

I appreciate the time you took to write this. I actually agree with many of the counterpoints you offered, the problem of broken dupes is certainly an issue now that the new map has set in. I believe that with enough encouragement, people will have no problem going back to the old map, making the new dupes will not necessarily take too long, and people most likely still have their old dupes.

I really like your idea of limiting the number of personal cc items a class can have. Obviously, people can get more than 5 by trading to have the sweps of others, but placing a limit on how many sweps that can be owned by a user is a good idea. I also think that SWEPs and models shouldn't be counted as the same for this limit counter. In addition, the idea of making all cc sweps findable through any of the means you listed is a good idea. Maybe for lootboxes you can add the category of "Random CC SWEP".

For your point about deflating the economy, I both agree and disagree. I agree on your points that certain things should be more expensive, but you failed to mention that printers should also earn you more money. All of the things you listed that should be nerfed, such as prices and value of barrels and fishing should be nerfed as there's no way for other players to stop you, but printers are the cornerstone of DarkRP. The batteries used to fuel them could use a price increase, but the printers themselves should receive a buff in power and printing speed. The reason being that better printers translates to more people basing. If we want the server to be more than people just running around the map, we need to give them a reason to make a base, because right now the only people who base are those that just joined the server, and they get instaraided. To allow new players to prosper, we need to make basing more powerful so more people base, and make CCs not allowed to raid new players once again.

On the question of the VIP price change, I'm actually not sure how often you see VIP players when you look at chat, but back when I played it was like 70% of players. That's why I believe the price is fine where it is, but if you guys login and see barely anyone with VIP, by all means change the price. This may also be due to the fact that there's no donation shop right now, which should be added back.

For your point about making /roll local and not public, I'm not sure why lol, why would you think making an RNG counter local on your PC would be balanced. Unless by that you mean local chat instead of public chat? Yeah that's probably what you meant, and in that case I still don't agree. Sometimes people like to do a "First person to roll a number between X and X gets X amount of money".

The problem of allowing a higher prop count isn't someone potentially crashing the server, it's the number of entities assigned per user. We have a max of 100 players, multiply that by 90 and you get 900 possible props. There's some other math here that I can't remember at the moment, but Sugar has stated it somewhere and it won't be happening most likely.

"POSSIBLY add a monthly tax to owning a CC that is worth more than 50k Darkrp money, if the player doesn't pay that monthly tax auction ownership off, and allow original owner to get some of the profit" I disagree with this for obvious reasons. Giving away ownership of a class from someone who spent time and money to buy it is never a good idea.

I agree with pretty much everything else you stated, there might be a few things I didn't catch but I believe I read all of it. Thanks for your feedback!

I have changed my mind about the CC idea, as I see the problems it can cause

For the /roll command, I may be wrong but everytime you do /roll it broadcasts to the whole server, when I said 'local' I meant having it only show to players near by.

A map change might affect other jobs like sharks for example, who are now forced to cram into a tiny beach compared to a previous ocean. I am all for a map revert, but alot of mechanics should be rethought.

New Possible Ideas:
* Buff Printers and make Mini-Printers really cheap, but give them a high chance to explode
* Add unique functionality to 'useless' jobs instead of removing them, (For example maybe make Dat Boi and the Pickle sworn enemies)
* Add rewards for participating in the RDM Arena
* Fix the glitch that sometimes blacks out your screen when looking at the kings portal.
* Add more "suggestions" that appear when you try to report, example add guides like "Prop Abuse/Prop Surf, FDA, NLA, FAILRP, ETC)
* Make all CC weapons that currently sell for nothing, actually worth something when sold to the general buyer
* Add new ways to earn XP
* Add a potential tutorial system to teach new players about things like CCs, XP, Gangs, ETC since most other servers don't have that
* Either remove ebola or make the perk that makes you immune to ebola something different, as currently it is VERY unfair that a established player in a high-enough gang will be immune to something that a new player or a new gang is not.
* Make leveling up new gangs faster until they reach around level 15-20
* Allow users to access more logs, to prevent annoying sits (example maybe keypad logs for users to see if someone ACTUALLY FDA'd before reporting)
* Allow the ability to toggle sounds like "we are anonymous" and the abomination sounds
* Keep the fountain area the central point of the map, I.E Make this the place to buy and sell, and hangout
* Automatically remove boomboxes or entities in the fountain area to prevent ear-rape when going to buy a lootbox
* Allow purchase of more items for 'XP' instead of money or suga dollars

I would like a new version of the map to be made - which would be a compact map.

I prefer V1 to the this map, but I do like the changes to industrial, etc.

I would like to see the overall changes to the map - remove the strip club area, reduce the size of sewers massively (rework slums - no major changes have been made to this). Add a new spawn area (with possible portals - not attached to the map, think like admin land) to certain parts of the map. You would not be able to re-enter spawn once you leave. Spawn would have the standard NPCS (Gang, CC maker / editor, general, VIP). This allows the current spawn area to be revamped and used. All the reworked areas of the map are currently good (That were originally part of downtown). I would like to see the divider between the two sections of the beach removed.

Either revert king to make him the way he was before, or revamp the entire king area (add actual buildings and such, small town, etc). Then add an admin area that is relatively blank with cells (to bring people in for sits - think combine jail cell). Add an in game "staff meeting room". Bank manager needs to go back to the way he was or be reworked.

Instead of changing to V1 - just block off parts of the map that no one uses.

The majority of the guns should be removed. The more guns you have, the more you have to balance. The more guns you have, the more similiar they are. There should be.. Gun Archetypes - aka: Shotgun, Rifle, DMR, Auto Sniper, Bolt Sniper, Auto shotgun, etc.

That being said, have 2-3 versions of each gun type - for bolt we can have WZ, Awp, M24 - each version has different stats but is relatively the same. That way none is "the best" it's personal choice. This also reduces downloads for the player.

I would like to see the CSS knives removed. It's a useless download.

I would like to see all movement sweps removed - it does remove from roleplay. Alternatively, remove them from CC's and add other ways of getting them. Limit the amount of CC items a player can buy. For example - if you create a new CC, you have the option to buy that CC a custom model, a custom weapon, etc. To buy another custom model, etc - you need to buy another CC slot. This prevents players from having a shit ton of fucking CC content that doesn't get used ( north bear) - not to mention - if you have enough CC items, you fuck up the economy by being the richest player in the server.

Revamp master stalker - give him a disguise swep and make him have to stare directly at the player to damage. This truly creates a "stalking" experience. You don't know who it is. Find out.

Remove the majority of the police jobs. They are mostly reskins. Remove the "PD Bank". Add a PD Weapons Locker (somewhere as an addon) - when raided, you get random weapon shipments. Police get to take weapons from the vault to use.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 08:58 PM by supermarioben2.)

(02-02-2019, 08:38 PM)Viscus1197 Wrote: I would like a new version of the map to be made - which would be a compact map.

I prefer V1 to the this map, but I do like the changes to industrial, etc.

I would like to see the overall changes to the map - remove the strip club area, reduce the size of sewers massively (rework slums - no major changes have been made to this). Add a new spawn area (with possible portals - not attached to the map, think like admin land) to certain parts of the map. You would not be able to re-enter spawn once you leave. Spawn would have the standard NPCS (Gang, CC maker / editor, general, VIP). This allows the current spawn area to be revamped and used. All the reworked areas of the map are currently good (That were originally part of downtown). I would like to see the divider between the two sections of the beach removed.

Either revert king to make him the way he was before, or revamp the entire king area (add actual buildings and such, small town, etc). Then add an admin area that is relatively blank with cells (to bring people in for sits - think combine jail cell). Add an in game "staff meeting room". Bank manager needs to go back to the way he was or be reworked.

Instead of changing to V1 - just block off parts of the map that no one uses.

The majority of the guns should be removed. The more guns you have, the more you have to balance. The more guns you have, the more similiar they are. There should be.. Gun Archetypes - aka: Shotgun, Rifle, DMR, Auto Sniper, Bolt Sniper, Auto shotgun, etc.

That being said, have 2-3 versions of each gun type - for bolt we can have WZ, Awp, M24 - each version has different stats but is relatively the same. That way none is "the best" it's personal choice. This also reduces downloads for the player.

I would like to see the CSS knives removed. It's a useless download.

I would like to see all movement sweps removed - it does remove from roleplay. Alternatively, remove them from CC's and add other ways of getting them. Limit the amount of CC items a player can buy. For example - if you create a new CC, you have the option to buy that CC a custom model, a custom weapon, etc. To buy another custom model, etc - you need to buy another CC slot. This prevents players from having a shit ton of fucking CC content that doesn't get used ( north bear) - not to mention - if you have enough CC items, you fuck up the economy by being the richest player in the server.

Revamp master stalker - give him a disguise swep and make him have to stare directly at the player to damage. This truly creates a "stalking" experience. You don't know who it is. Find out.

Remove the majority of the police jobs. They are mostly reskins. Remove the "PD Bank". Add a PD Weapons Locker (somewhere as an addon) - when raided, you get random weapon shipments. Police get to take weapons from the vault to use.

I appreciate you taking time to reply to this, however I disagree with alot of what you said.

compact map isn't the problem, the one we have now is just WAY to big, but it doesn't need to be compact. When we mean big we are mainly talking about the beach, the changes to indust and redidentail, etc

Why would you remove guns or css knives??

Ok, I will admit the master stalker idea is a good one. I like playing stalker however I always get killed since they know it's me.

Why would you remove police jobs? They all have something unique. Judge Gabe is a non-vip juggernaut and accepts warrents when the mayor isn't there, SWAT are heavy duty officers, Security Specialist unhacks things, Fantasma is just awesome, Juggernaut is good for people to complain at, PD Commander finds raidables and can talk to everyone and Detective can create bounties

Movement sweps should be reworked instead of downright removed. It's a counter to the big map and can be used to get somewhere quick

EDIT: The PD Locker idea is also pretty lit

I just about completely agree with you, other than the map change and the custom class buff. Maybe the price increases by 1m each time and caps at 10m.

(02-02-2019, 08:38 PM)Viscus1197 Wrote: see above

I agree with your map changes and the removal of the crazy number of gun archetypes on the server, these sound good.

I disagree with almost everything you said. I disagree with the removal of CSS knives mainly because it's not a very big download anyway.

I heavily disagree with the removal of movement sweps. The map is fairly large, and removing movement sweps screws over all players, both ccs and otherwise. If anything, movement sweps should be buffed and made to be disabled during combat (which already exists).

In my opinion, the master stalker is fine the way it is. I see where you're coming from with the fact that it's fairly obvious that it's the big teletubbie stalking you, but it becomes incredibly annoying to take the damage and have your screen shake, and it becomes even worse when you can't tell who's doing it.

Lastly, while I agree with the PD Locker addon (we actually used to have this addon back when we used Downtown v2, the removal of the police jobs is completely unnecessary.

The majority of the map doesn't get used. The strip club area is useless. The sewers is mainly used for basing and is way too big. I would like to see sewers to be used as a method of transportation around the map (simple "tunnels" that go from point A to point B - obviously with a lot of detail, looking like a sewer - this would make the sewer lord a lot more dangerous).

There are approximately 81 guns that all have different, varying stats (not including reskins). The majority of the guns feel VERY similiar. The majority of the guns are also terrible. The less guns you have, the more unique they feel in terms of gameplay. The easier it is to balance. There shouldn't be a "This IS the best gun". It should be based on preference, that being said - the MP5 vs P90 - p90 should have a faster fire rate and more ammo. MP5 would have less ammo, higher damage and accuracy. At that point, it comes to preference.

The less guns you have - the less downloads as well. There are probably 40-50 different variations of the CSS knife. They serve no purpose other than as a filler item. There is NO reason to use them. It's extra shit you have to download.

As for removing the PD jobs - I do not mean gabe, fantasma, or any of those specialized "unique jobs". There is no reason to have "Swat Sniper" "Swat Medic" "Swat Leader" "CP Commander" "Swat Demo" etc. If you were to choose between a normal CP or a Swat person - who would you pick? There is no restriction on who you pick - thus, players pick the better job. Making people choose the default CP more often by choice - promotes more role play. If someone wants to play as a sniper, they buy a weapon from the gun dealer, etc.

Also, having less content is usually better. Less load time, less download time for new players.