Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Login through Steam  

Minecraftguys ban appeal

Your steam name: minecraftguy634
Your in-game name: minecraftguy634
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:44916979

Why were you warned/banned?:So, I get a 24 hour ban, for a situation that the staff member didnt even clarify for me. He asked me to show him a screenshot of a bounty that I had on someone and I did. He did not specify when, or what time it was, just when I did it. I showed him the screenshot and he's threatening me for a one week ban for lying even though I didn't understand what he meant. He asked me to show him a screenshot and I did, no time given nothing. He gave me no time to explain for myself and immediately banned me for 1 day

Why should you be unwarned/unbanned? : I feel like this was blown way out of proportion, I did not intend to "lie" to a staff member I just got confused as to what he asked of me. It was just all a misunderstanding. I dont feel like it should of lead to a ban. He could of asked me my side but instead of doing that he bans me. I didnt have a chance to explain how I thought he was talking about something that happened in the past and not in the present.
Who banned you and how long?: Zedward, updated it to 3 days now.
Your evidence: Screenshots I have of what he told me to get for him, even though he said it was wrong you can see what I gave him

(06-11-2019, 10:39 AM)minecraftguy630 Wrote: Your evidence: Screenshots I have of what he told me to get for him, even though he said it was wrong you can see what I gave him

I mean...can you post said screenshots?

[Image: ?id=1767023990][Image: ?id=1767023990]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1767023990

I couldn't get the actual picture in it, if you look in the middle of console you can see where I'm talking about,

I’m extremely curious on the reason of the ban itself. Like was it an RDM type of ban for bounty hunter?

(06-11-2019, 12:45 PM)Succ The Zucc Wrote: I’m extremely curious on the reason of the ban itself. Like was it an RDM type of ban for bounty hunter?

So what happened was, I had a bounty on him a while ago. Killed him and thats what I thought he was talking about for RDM, WHAT really happened was I had a bounty on him and he killed me but I didnt even know I did. I thought he RDM me. So when I called the sit, staff member asked for screenshots of the bounty. I sent him the ones I thought I was talking about and hes like okay good. Fast forward 5 minutes later, he's going off on me for "lying to staff" when I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. Then proceeds to ban me.

He obviously doesn’t understand he has bounty logs for that exact reason. Him asking you for screenshots as confirmation is beyond me. Let’s wait to see what he replies with.

No reply?

Have patience, you got to remember that people have lives outside of the server.

(06-11-2019, 04:28 PM)ajvick0075 Wrote: Have patience, you got to remember that people have lives outside of the server.

He was looking at the post lol

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2019, 05:19 PM by Zedward.)

Hello Minecraft. I appreciate you submitting the appeal. Let me explain from my perspective for everyone.

Minecraft who is a bounty hunter, has been reported by TrustWorthyDemon who at the time was also a bounty hunter. Trust reported Minecraft for RDM, and shortly after I accepted the sit request and teleported Trust and checked on everything. Trust tells me that he killed him for no reason as a bounty hunter and I looked in the logs to see if a bounty has been completed on Trust. The logs does not show a bounty completed on Trust at the time of the death in question, so I teleport Minecraft and ask him for his reason for killing Trust. Minecraft has told me it was for a bounty. That is the first thing he said and insinuated during the whole sit which lasted 10 minutes because of me checking the logs nearly 5-6 times. I could not find it and I did not want to believe my initial thoughts of Minecraft  RDM'ing Trust in revenge / retaliation because of what happened before involving them two.

I went against my intuition and instead of potentially giving Minecraft a warn for revenge RDM, I thought it might be more fair if I ask him to give me a screenshot if it can help him in this situation. He gives me a screenshot with logs show that he did in fact had completed a bounty on Trust and even got XP for it. I dismissed the sit and even laughed quite a bit because the chances of the logs wonking out at the perfect time to make it seem Minecraft shot down Trust only for revenge/retaliation. I send him a PM and thanked him so much spending almost 4-5 minutes uploading the screenshot to steam and proving to me that situations like this CAN happen and especially when you believe it couldn't. To be fair, I was expecting a happy response from him dodging a punishment for something he didn't do, or atleast a "np". Strange..

I thought something was up. I looked at the screenshot and compared the staff teleport commands shown and looked for them in the ulx logs. Okay, after finding the timestamps of the ULX commands I have discovered that the screenshot show logs that were 35 minutes before the death event from which Trust has reported. I teleport Minecraft back and let him know that I found discrepancies with the screenshot he gave me. He tried to plead ignorance / being maliciously compliant. I pretty much let him know that is unacceptable to try to deceive staff and that he could get a lengthy ban. I did mention one week but I believe it isn't in the punishment guidelines so my final decision was a 3 day ban.

You said you had a bounty on him. The logs don't show that. You give me an irrelevant screenshot and plead ignorance. Okay even if you do have a mental disability or zero perception of what context is, that would still not prove your innocence in RDM'ing TrustWorthyDemon. We are literally back at step 2 where you need to prove/support your claim of you having a bounty on TrustWorthyDemon which does not show up in the logs. You almost spent too much time pleading ignorance when you still have not explained why you killed him. Even though there is no doubt in my mind you RDM'ed TrustWorthyDemon and tried to trick me in sitland, I will be open and allow the ability for you to persuade me for this not to be the case.

To make sure no one is confused, let me be very clear on the screenshot portion. If a bounty hunter completes a bounty it will show up in the logs. Minecraft killed someone and claimed it was a bounty which does not show up in the logs. Either he is lying or there was a failure in the logs.

For funsies I took the screenshot Minecraft gave me and the screenshots I took of the logs and put it in an image that might be easier to understand.

https://imgur.com/a/s0E4j0A